Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cookie Favors

Yesterday I tested the cookie favor idea. I went to all the neighborhood bakeries to source Mexican wedding cookies and ended up buying 3 different kinds. I wrapped them up in parchment paper and tissue, and this is what they ended up looking like. Then we did a taste test. The best-looking cookies were also the tastiest, they came from an Italian bakery on Mission st. These favors will cost about $1.25 per person if we decide to do them. I'm putting this project on the back burner for now, because I'm not sure how necessary these are since we're doing the survival kit favors (for which I've already bought most of the stuff). Still, if budget and time permits, I think these would be a sweet addition.

By the way, Zach is volunteering as the graphic designer for the wedding. He'll be designing the favor packaging and the menu signs for the catering table and bar. He was also planning to design the stamp for these cookies, but that's on hold since I think these are a likely cut. Let me know if you want them!


No comments:

Post a Comment